Aqua Marin Pro 1200 build

Tam.Hermit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey
So we are relatively new to saltwater in the scheme of things.
We’ve had a 180l tank running for the past 2 years without much dilemma, which has a rear sump, in which we have 2x clowns, 1x emperor angel, 1x urchin, 1x SS Starfish and a range of CUC, this is alongside the 2x BTA (one of which will go in the new tank once it’s matured down the line) and some zoa frags.
It’s a lovely little tank which is establishing nicely… and has taught us a lot about the marine wor

However. We recently came across a bargain on social media for a 350ish litre Aqua Marin 1200 which I believe is a Maidenhead Aquatics tank.
So I thought about doing a build thread.

We’re already a little way in now, but it’s still a very new tank. We’ve currently got some zoas and a couple of fish, but working to build it up!

Look forward to sharing our tank build and open to any comments on how I can improve things!

Tank:
* Aqua Marin Pro 1200 with sump.

Equipment:
* 2x Kessil A160we Lights
* Blue Marine Wave maker 600
* Jecod DCS-6500 return pump
* 2x 500w heaters, one in main display, one in sump. May need to put sump one in main display as temp dropping overnight.

Extras:
DD jumpguard
15kg Caribsea LifeRock in display
5kg live rock in sump
1kg bio balls in sump

Pictures from first thing in morning when lights first came on.

IMG_5385.jpeg IMG_5382.jpeg IMG_5380.jpeg

RichH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Tam.Hermit
I've just had delivered the exact same tank/cabinet for my first foray into marines...just working out the plumbing for hard pipe, to replace the flexible that came with it...

May I ask you a couple of questions?

How are you finding the sump with the vivarium doors? Are they a hindrance with kit install/removal/cleaning?
Do they help with noise reduction at all (or does the system run silent anyway)?

How are you finding the return flow via the two returns?
I'm planning to run x1 TMC 4000 on one return and x1 TMC 8000 (which will be manifolded to run u.v. and maybe a reactor/something else if/when needed) on the other - I'm just wondering whether
a) the weir return (32mm ID?) would take that amount of flow (I guess I could also just utilise the "emergency" drain as a normal one, if it's too much?) and
b) if it would be too much flow through the sump (albeit I could turn the pumps down a bit if needed)?

How are you finding the tank generally?

Cheers,

Rich.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back