Aqua one aquareef 300 Series II

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Not so long ago I started my reefing journey. I have an aqua one aquareef 300 tank, I think it's the series II model (comes with a high performance LED lighting bar, featuring RGB White and Blue LEDs with options to allow blue lights to be operated individually). My question is, has anyone ever had this tank? Should I have both the white and blue lights on during the day? Are these lights sufficient for running a successful reef tank?

There's so many lighting options out there, and I'd love to try some which give more control over the spectrum and run times etc but the stock lights that came with this tank are fitted nicely into the lid, and I don't want to take the lid away.

Thanks!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with this tank and couldn't really find any specifics with the LED lighting other than they state it can be used for reefs. But in answer to your question, yes - you would want to run the blues during the day as well. I can't offer any more insight though, sorry.

OP
OP
KyleC

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with this tank and couldn't really find any specifics with the LED lighting other than they state it can be used for reefs. But in answer to your question, yes - you would want to run the blues during the day as well. I can't offer any more insight though, sorry.
At leats I know to run both now :) I was worried it may be too much light! Thanks for your input!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At leats I know to run both now :) I was worried it may be too much light! Thanks for your input!
I don't think so, as I run mostly blues on my own tank for 12 hours and only bring in the whites for maybe 6-8 hours (so the tank is more blue at sunrise and sunset). Different lighting system, but the color spectrum still applies (and you'd probably find the tank looks washed out in all whites).

OP
OP
KyleC

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so, as I run mostly blues on my own tank for 12 hours and only bring in the whites for maybe 6-8 hours (so the tank is more blue at sunrise and sunset). Different lighting system, but the color spectrum still applies (and you'd probably find the tank looks washed out in all whites).
That's exactly how it looks with just whites, not visually appealing whatsoever. Need to rent or borrow a par meter at some stage..

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly how it looks with just whites, not visually appealing whatsoever. Need to rent or borrow a par meter at some stage..
That's never a bad idea. I don't know what you all have for marine life (or if you're just getting started), but soft corals have less PAR requirements and can do well in lower lighting conditions.

OP
OP
KyleC

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's never a bad idea. I don't know what you all have for marine life (or if you're just getting started), but soft corals have less PAR requirements and can do well in lower lighting conditions.
I have a wee selection of lps and some zoas. It all seems to be doing ok so far :)

OP
OP
KyleC

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone anymore input on this? The site states that the RGB white and blue leds "LED light provides twice the amount of light output compared to 4x T5 tubes of similar size". I'm having serious gha issues and suspect lighting is a big factor. I run blue led 9am-12pm, blue+white 12pm-6pm and blue 6pm-9pm. Any help appreciated.

SpencerLes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always used RGB LEDs before and realized that this was a bad idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back