• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aqua uv 25 watt

Item Price
220
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
439
Location
Metro Detroit
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up a tank and don’t need this, it has the wiper but I didn’t try using it. Age of bulb unknown but does work as you can see in the picture

$220 shipped lower 48

D595212F-5080-4A03-B9C2-6E47B020E3BD.jpeg 7111DCD7-0597-40A6-8AE8-611A50C28EFE.jpeg 7C7C919C-0DE3-4905-B382-63CD12EF5123.jpeg C96972B4-6FF5-4FCF-8DFB-8A23808937FC.jpeg
 
Picked up a tank and don’t need this, it has the wiper but I didn’t try using it. Age of bulb unknown but does work as you can see in the picture

$220 shipped lower 48

D595212F-5080-4A03-B9C2-6E47B020E3BD.jpeg 7111DCD7-0597-40A6-8AE8-611A50C28EFE.jpeg 7C7C919C-0DE3-4905-B382-63CD12EF5123.jpeg C96972B4-6FF5-4FCF-8DFB-8A23808937FC.jpeg
If it has a wiper it’s for freshwater
 
So uv lights only work for saltwater if it doesn’t have the wiper? That’s news to me
It will work, however, per Aqua UV documentation the metal wiper is not designed to be exposed to the corrosive saltwater environment and therefore is prone to leaking.

https://aquaultraviolet.com/product/classic-uv-25-watt-series-units/
*Aqua Ultraviolet does not recommend utilizing Wipers with Salt Water and if utilized in this manner will void warranty on the Wiper parts.
 
I have a similar AU that came with a wiper. I remover the wiper and added a John Guest fitting (threads matched) and ball valve. Works well and I can drain the housing to do regular maintenance.
 
I have the cap with the union, it was off for the picture

Since I am learning that wipers are not favorable for saltwater but like someone posted there is diy things you can do, I will take $175 shipped
 
The idea about the John guest fitting is a good one. I had never thought to do that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new