Aquabrite/hamilton 14k and 20k

  • Thread starter Thread starter dans85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dans85

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
22
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I’m looking for some feedback on the above mentioned bulbs. I am currently installing 3 250w MH over my 300g. I have coralvue reflectors and icecap 250w ballasts. Does anyone have par numbers for the 14k vs 20k bulbs? I would love to use radiums, but unfortunately I currently can’t source any m80 ballasts so it looks like these bulbs are my best bet. Thanks!
 
I use the Reefbrite reflectors but run 250 w 14k aquabrights. They give off some serious par and can grab some numbers later but I run them super high above the tank.
 
I use the Reefbrite reflectors but run 250 w 14k aquabrights. They give off some serious par and can grab some numbers later but I run them super high above the tank.
That would be awesome!
 
Dans85,

I have 250 watt icecap ballasts and old school PFO parallel reflectors that hold the halide bulbs as well as 48" VHO tubes. The metal halde bulbs are about 12" above the water line. With 14K Aqua Bright Solutions single ended bulbs, I get about 600 PAR at the water surface. With the 20K aqua bright solution bulbs, I get about 500 PAR at the surface.

Oddly enough, I also get about the same PAR at the surface using the 10K Aqua Bright solutions bulbs than I do with the 14k bulbs. The only real difference between the two is that the 14k bulbs just have much more of a crisp white light than the 10K bulbs.

Wanted to add that these par values are only with the halides on. I run URI super actinics in my VHO slots, so they do not add much par when turned on.

Hope that helps!
-Bruce
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new