AquaC EV-180 ozone ready?

xdcbenoitxd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opportunity to get an aquac ev-180 protein skimmer that has never been used but the box has been thrown out. I am aware they are discontinued and don't really need a skimmer for nutrient control more for pH ect. I saw on the manufacturer's info that some of these skimmers are ozone ready. How can I tell if this one is or isn't?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I remember correctly the ozone ready Aqua-C skimmers had a gray push-fit adapter with a blue knob that was located on the top of the black base.

@vetteguy53081 - does this line up with what you remember about Aqua-C skimmers?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If I remember correctly the ozone ready Aqua-C skimmers had a gray push-fit adapter with a blue knob that was located on the top of the black base.

@vetteguy53081 - does this line up with what you remember about Aqua-C skimmers?
Absolutely yes

here is verification:

The AquaC EV Series represents the pinnacle in skimmer performance and efficiency. Our patented spray injection system results in high water and air flow rates - perfect for heavily stocked tanks and high bioloads. All models include a 3/8" threaded air inlet with a SMC precision valve (the EV-1000 & EV-2000 have two each). A 1/4" JG Fitting is either standard or optional (on the EV-120 & EV-180) for calcium reactor effluent or to connect to a ozone generator. The water exit of these skimmers are raised up for easy sump installation and includes a gate valve for fine tuning. The collection cups have convenient twist-loc features, making it very easy to remove the collection cup for removal. Only 1/2 inch clearance is needed to remove the cup. They also have a attached drain fitting on the collection cup for easy export of waste.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One added point of clarification from the quote that @vetteguy53081 provided is that the "JG Fitting" is referring to a John Guest fitting. John Guest is a brand name and the leading supplier of push fit connectors. Some local hardware stores sell push-fit connectors under the SharkBite brand.

OP
OP
X

xdcbenoitxd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely yes

here is verification:

The AquaC EV Series represents the pinnacle in skimmer performance and efficiency. Our patented spray injection system results in high water and air flow rates - perfect for heavily stocked tanks and high bioloads. All models include a 3/8" threaded air inlet with a SMC precision valve (the EV-1000 & EV-2000 have two each). A 1/4" JG Fitting is either standard or optional (on the EV-120 & EV-180) for calcium reactor effluent or to connect to a ozone generator. The water exit of these skimmers are raised up for easy sump installation and includes a gate valve for fine tuning. The collection cups have convenient twist-loc features, making it very easy to remove the collection cup for removal. Only 1/2 inch clearance is needed to remove the cup. They also have a attached drain fitting on the collection cup for easy export of waste.
Awesome thanks so much! I wanted to add ozone soon but didn't want to fry the skimmer :)

OP
OP
X

xdcbenoitxd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One added point of clarification from the quote that @vetteguy53081 provided is that the "JG Fitting" is referring to a John Guest fitting. John Guest is a brand name and the leading supplier of push fit connectors. Some local hardware stores sell push-fit connectors under the SharkBite brand.
Thanks so much for the help!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back