aquaforest 1 2 3

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched from brs 2part a few months ago to try the aquaforest components and since the switch my nitrates have risen and im getting a green dusting on the glass everyday before aquaforest I would get a brownish haze but would take a week or so before I would have to clean the glass now its every day since the switch its very annoying has anyone else had this happen and what is causing it I think its component 1 doing it.

Joshua Mummery

I Like Turtles
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmmm I have been using the 123 dosing for about 6 weeks now and it has changed my tank for the better. I do notice my top half of my glass does form a greenish algae faster but my snails take care of that. I clean my glass every 3 days just to clean it. I could go about a week before it is noticable and ugly to the naked eye

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ive been using the entire line for almost 2 years and never had this?
Are you shaking well before using? Additionally, what water are you using as if it is well or tap water, can make the difference

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rodi 5 stage yes shaking vigorously. today i went to refill my dos and the component A always has a greenish hue i have heard from many that that is normal well the whole container looks like there was a bacteria bloom in it there was white biofilm everywhere i think there is some kind of bacteria or some kind of food source in component A. i am switching back to BRS components and will report back. the every other day cleaning is getting annoying lol

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back