Aquaforest with Randy baking Soda

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clownfishy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Clownfishy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
813
Reaction score
378
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Aquaforest for my 3 part dosing but I want to replace their sodium Bicarbonate with Randy's baking soda to get the pH boost. How much baking soda should I mix with a litre of water to get an equal balance dose with Aquaforest dosing? I will bake the baking soda as well.
Here is what the mixing qualities they recommend -

Aquaforest Calcium 50g to 1 Litre
Aquaforest KH Buffer 80g to 1 Litre

Mineral Salt 25g to 1 Litre
Magnesium 10g to 1 Litre with the Mineral salt
Not sure if it makes any difference but I am also adding their Component Strong by also adding

Components A & B 5ml to the Calcium mix

Components C 5ml to the KH Buffer (Randy's baking soda)

Components K 5ml to Mineral Salt and Magnesium
 
The aquaforest is nearly the same potency as my diy baking soda recipe. That is 297 grams per gallon, 78 g/L. The 80 seems fine to diy with baking soda.
 
Cool, thank you for confirming 80g of baking soda into a litre of water. I think this is going to be the best of both worlds.

Two more real dumb questions! I assume using the components strong with baking soda rather than bicarbonate will be OK?

Is adding more Magnesium into the mineral salt OK? I was thinking of adding 30g rather than 10g as my reef seems to love Magnesium!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new