aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the compliments!

Ok so there was a request for an updated listing of tank stats-

My tank is a 90 gallon All-Glass tank. It has a 40 breeder- zoa and acan tank, and a 30 gallon oceanic sump. For a skimmer I am running a Reef Octopus Extreme 200. I have a 15 watt Current UV Sterilizer. Over the 90 I have 2 400 watt 20K XM bulbs in LumenBright reflectors powered by BlueLine E-Ballasts. I have a Korallin Calcium Reactor on the tank. I also have a Kalk Dosing system that is controlled by pH by my RK2. The dosing system is a Aqualifter on a pH controller. I set my range from 8.30-8.35, but it usually gets up to about 8.4-8.45 during the day. For power heads I have a Tunze 6101 on a controller and a Korallia Controllable system with a K4 and K3. I have a Quiet One return pump on the 90. I do weekly water changes of 20 gallons using Coralife salt. I have found the Coralife salt to be the best out of what I have used. Its parameters are always consistant and are as close to perfect as possible. I also do 6 drops of kent Lugols Iodine once a week. There really isnt too much more than that!

I will put up a FTS tomorrow!

Matt

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet Matt,corals look healthy- dose that Iodine till the yellows go green-:bigsmile:

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

Keeperz- Heh i wondered why i cannot keep a yellow coral! I did not know Iodine did that? Any explanation as to why? If there is a lack of iodine will the greens turn yellow?

Heres some pics, some are already scattered throughout the thread-

_DSC4247.jpg

Chips Acro

_DSC4254.jpg

Copp's Bonsai

_DSC4260.jpg

Limeade

_DSC4264.jpg

Oregon Tort

_DSC3517.jpg

Phils Granulosa

_DSC3522.jpg

Ice Fire Echinata

_DSC3524.jpg

Forest Fire Digi

_DSC3586.jpg

Original Superman monti

_DSC3599.jpg

Sunset Monti

Matt

igot2gats

saltwater slappy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 questions

1. How long did take for all your corals to grow out like they are?

2. Are Butterflys difficult to keep like everyone says? Or is it a myth?

I don't wanna beat a beat a dead horse, but I kinda have to: SA-WEET TANK!

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquaman, terrific collection of corals and a tank that looks very healthy. Where are you located? If you're willing, I'd just about kill to have a crack at photographing your corals and tank.
Gary

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the compliments!

1. How long did take for all your corals to grow out like they are?

2. Are Butterflys difficult to keep like everyone says? Or is it a myth?

I don't wanna beat a beat a dead horse, but I kinda have to: SA-WEET TANK!

Quite a few of my corals are still small frags. The green monti that is in the center of the tank was a 1"x1" frag about a year ago, same with the orange one. Most every SPS I have started as a frag. I would say that they took about 1 1/2 years to get the size they are now. Copperbands are awesome fish! They are great in an SPS tank as they are not prone to eat SPS and are are sometimes beneficial in keeping away AEFW. If you can find one that is already eating they are nice fish and almost easy to keep. Many times they die from starvation after the Aptasia is gone.

Aquaman, terrific collection of corals and a tank that looks very healthy. Where are you located? If you're willing, I'd just about kill to have a crack at photographing your corals and tank.
Gary

Thank you! I live in Overland Park, KS.

beautiful tank love the caps! and that flower anenome wild colors!

The flower anemones are some of my favorites! Just this week I added another one opposite of the bright red and green one. The new one has red tentacles with a few white ones mixed in, and a dark green center! The thing I love the most about them is that they do not move!

Matt

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeperz- Heh i wondered why i cannot keep a yellow coral! I did not know Iodine did that? Any explanation as to why? If there is a lack of iodine will the greens turn yellow?

Yep yep- I have a yellow stag that tells me how high my iodine level is-lol-when it's green I try to back off a little-I have no scientific reason why iodine brings out the green pigments, I just know others have experienced the same, but man does it make corals POP-see Sunnyx on RC-he got me started on Iodine-he runs 20k and his corals pop much like yours-your tank looks awesome!! Question-can my 400w galaxy ballast drive an xm 20k?

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my pink lemonade more green than yellow!

I believe the galaxy ballasts will fire the XM 20K's. I used CoralVue ballasts before with my 12K's. The ballasts kept burning up and I got fed up with them so I switched to the BlueLine E-Ballasts. On different ballasts they run different colors too.

Matt

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those flower anemones are insane. thats all i have to say right now... as i am pretty much speechless.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the flower anemone look like that in person? (Some of the other corals seem off)

That is the best "freebie" score I've ever seen!

Grea tank BTW!

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

Yes it looks like that in person, if not better. I really struggle with full tank shots! I can never get all the corals to look right! Best freebie I have ever seen! I love it, favorite thing in the tank!

Matt

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 91 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 92 45.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 20 9.9%
Back