Aquamaxx 1.5 HOB problem

MeltingStrat:(

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
Willimantic
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys so Ive run a 1.5 for about 5 years now I'm actually on my second one and I am STUMPED. It was working fine and I pulled it to do my bi monthly cleaning on it. I usually clean the collection cup weekly. I pulled the skimmer and took everything apart that can come apart and gave it a deep cleaning per usual. Now I'm dealing with a water level problem. It's making good bubbles and producing skim but the water level usually goes right to the top of the exhaust line. Now it's going like almost 3/4 of an inch higher than the exhaust. I'll post a video and some pics but I'm stumped. I've tried angling it/killing power and pulling some water from it/ pulling Venturi line and

making sure it's dry(that's given me problems in the past). I'm stumped lol. Any help is greatly appreciated.
IMG_20250615_111640327.jpg
IMG_20250615_111650649.jpg
 

Attachments

  • VID_20250614_213510452.mp4
    62.6 MB
Maybe the exit tube is obstructed?

Or the pump just suddenly decides to work better ;D
 
The exhaust DEFINITELY isn't obstructed. I pulled the entire thing apart. That exhaust piping is big AF. I fold a paper towel and roll it
Maybe the exit tube is obstructed?

Or the pump just suddenly decides to work better ;D
up and run it through. Honestly the pump is working better because I cleaned a BUNCH of crap off the strainer on the intake line but I just don't understand how it's filling up this high. It's never happened to me before and I've ran this skimmer for 5 years this is my second one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new