Aquamaxx Ctech T-3 air lock mod

me & my baby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2014
Messages
1,328
Reaction score
1,036
Location
Central Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an aquamaxx ctech T-3 calcium reactor . I had been reading some reviews and have seen a lot of people talking about it getting air locked . So when I got it I started looking to figure out away to get rid of the excess air in the chamber . So I decided to block off the outlet port and drill and tap a new one by the probe holder . So far this has let 98% of the air that was normally trapped on the lid that normally makes its way back into the pump .

20260725_202658_3FB27B1C-5117-4336-A7A7-561DC2BECC96.png
 
I just got an aquamaxx ctech T-3 calcium reactor . I had been reading some reviews and have seen a lot of people talking about it getting air locked . So when I got it I started looking to figure out away to get rid of the excess air in the chamber . So I decided to block off the outlet port and drill and tap a new one by the probe holder . So far this has let 98% of the air that was normally trapped on the lid that normally makes its way back into the pump .

20260725_202658_3FB27B1C-5117-4336-A7A7-561DC2BECC96.png
Nice! Glad you found a solution. Keep us posted.
 
So far it has been running since Sunday and there are no big pockets of air on the top
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new