• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AquaMaxx HOB 1.5

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased this unit from a fellow R2R reefer about a week ago. Decided it's not what I'm looking for, for my JBJ45.

The unit is in remarkable condition -- as the picture indicates -- with one exception. The very thin piece of Plexiglass that slips into the main chamber is cracked. I was going to buy a cheap $1 picture frame and use the Plexiglass from it as a replacement. Decided I'd let the new owner do that.

Retail for this is $230. It's yours with prepaid postage for $165

Skimmer.JPG

Bronx_Discuss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a beast of a skimmer, love my HOB1.5. Pulls some nasty stuff out of my tank.

OP
OP
McGene

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try a fully in-sump skimmer in place of this one -- my wife sneered at the "aesthetic look" of this one hanging on the back. Okay....I'll keep the peace and look for one that isn't so obvious :)

OP
OP
McGene

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Forgot to mention and include in the photo -- this unit comes with the optional micro bubble suppressor. Also, not shown in the picture is the collection cup -- sorry about that.

Thanks for taking the time to look. Also, please don't hesitate to make a reasonable offer. Also, if the cracked Plexiglas divider concerns you, I will take the time to replace it so you won't have to.

Shoun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased this unit from a fellow R2R reefer about a week ago. Decided it's not what I'm looking for, for my JBJ45.

The unit is in remarkable condition -- as the picture indicates -- with one exception. The very thin piece of Plexiglass that slips into the main chamber is cracked. I was going to buy a cheap $1 picture frame and use the Plexiglass from it as a replacement. Decided I'd let the new owner do that.

Retail for this is $230. It's yours with prepaid postage for $165

Skimmer.JPG

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%

Back