Aquamaxx Prism II (aka Micmol G3 Aqua Air) settings for LPS/softie tank

tbone28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a 12g long LPS/softie tank with this fixture. Does anyone use this fixture and can share LED settings? TIA!

OP
OP
T

tbone28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get an answer to this one? Looking for the same thing :)
Still waiting! I'm not surprised by the lack of response as this fixture is probably not used very commonly. I've been pretty happy with it thus far. I initially ran their preset LPS setting, but felt it was a bit too white/purple in color. I've since created a custom color. It's 60% on channel A, 50% onD, and 100% on B and C. I like this a lot more and the coral seem happy. I have hammers, torches, goniopora, alveopora, and zoas.

newreeferontheblock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! IT is a bit odd, since in one of the videos I watched before buying BRS seemed to indicate it was a big seller. How deep is the 12 g? My main worry was that 100% on any of the channels was too bright for the softies that will probably be most of my tank. I don't have any coral yet, so I haven't really even been running them yet

OP
OP
T

tbone28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! IT is a bit odd, since in one of the videos I watched before buying BRS seemed to indicate it was a big seller. How deep is the 12 g? My main worry was that 100% on any of the channels was too bright for the softies that will probably be most of my tank. I don't have any coral yet, so I haven't really even been running them yet
It's about 10" tall. I have the light about 3.5" from the water surface. My zoas are doing fine. They're on the sandbed. You can always set your channels to your desire. You're not stuck with 100%.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back