Aquamaxx stock?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey BRS, any idea when you will be getting any Aquamaxx stock? I'm interested in the HOB filter/skimmer but I have yet to see it in stock.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a big AquaMaxx shipment on the way. We're hoping that we'll have that end of February/early March. Of course, that's assuming no further shipping delays. If there is a particular product you have your eye on, make sure you hit that 'notify me when in stock' button on the product page so that we can email you when they hit the website.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about now? I'm waiting for the AF-1 Filter Roller (and replacement rolls). Their website lists BRS as the *only* place you can buy them.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about now? I'm waiting for the AF-1 Filter Roller (and replacement rolls). Their website lists BRS as the *only* place you can buy them.

We have our next Aquamaxx shipment scheduled for arrival tomorrow. I don't know exactly what's going to be included in this shipment quite yet, but it should have a number of acrylic items like skimmers, reactors, etc. Given the size of this shipment, it may take us a few extra days to get everything processed into inventory and available on the website.

Chrisanthellae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm anxiously awaiting availability of the DFC-80! I know the regular FC-80 is available now but if I'm gonna switch skimmers I really want that DC control for it to be worth my while.

My Octo 110 (snagged used at lfs for $80) is great but it just can't pull foam consistently from my 60 gallon cube. I think it's too big and too much air.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the email about the filter and already ordered it. Never got one about the replacement filter and it wasn't in stock when I ordered the filter unit.
Hopefully the AF-1 comes with enough filter to last until I have to order something again.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, luckily I didn't order the second the Aquamaxx HOB filter came back in stock. I finally noticed that it won't fit tanks with a trim around them, which seems like they are limiting themselves to a very small market. Most manufacturers make theirs to fit but I guess that is what happens when you just throw your name on a Chinese product. I'm assuming most tanks sold in that area of the world don't have trims around them?

Well back to hoping someone makes a HOB filter or fuge that has compartments for filter material and dosing tubes.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if Aquamaxx has replacement parts for the AF-1. I screwed up and didn't realize how large the unit was compared to my sump and the PVC that I have cemented into the inlet elbow needs to be changed. It's 100% my fault for not dry fitting everything first and, to be honest, this filter is way, way way too big for my sump (in the end, it might not even work*).
I have some ideas to 'fix' this, but if (when) all else fails, I'll need a new elbow.

*I'm really hoping I can make it work, otherwise it's going to be a really expensive mistake since I already ripped out the filter cups and one of the baffles. Even then, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to wedge this and the skimmer in there and I refuse to let this get out of hand to the point that I'm spending hundreds (thousands) replacing the stand and sump to accommodate a filter.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, luckily I didn't order the second the Aquamaxx HOB filter came back in stock. I finally noticed that it won't fit tanks with a trim around them, which seems like they are limiting themselves to a very small market. Most manufacturers make theirs to fit but I guess that is what happens when you just throw your name on a Chinese product. I'm assuming most tanks sold in that area of the world don't have trims around them?

Well back to hoping someone makes a HOB filter or fuge that has compartments for filter material and dosing tubes.

Are you talking about the HOB 1.5 skimmer? If so, it absolutely works on rimmed tanks. I've had one on an Aqueon rimmed 40b tank for almost 2 years now.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the HOB 1.5 skimmer? If so, it absolutely works on rimmed tanks. I've had one on an Aqueon rimmed 40b tank for almost 2 years now.
No I was talking about the HF-M hob filter. I was just going to pull out the skimmer and not use it. That is the only hob I've seen that has compartments for filter media and also built in tubes for dosing.

I have 3 tanks, Planet aquarium, Oceanic and whatever is sold by Petco. All of them have plastic rims and all are 1".

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply did you guys get the shipment? I think I am seeing more inventor under the skimmer section but I am really only paying attention to the DCF skimmers.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply did you guys get the shipment? I think I am seeing more inventor under the skimmer section but I am really only paying attention to the DCF skimmers.
This past shipment has been received. Is there a particular model of DCF skimmer you're looking for? I might be able to find a better ETA for you.

savetigers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I too am in the market for the aquamaxx dfc-80 protein skimmer. Any word as to when they will be back in stock?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back