Rating - 100%
1   0   0

gm5150

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the light come with the bracket and a controller?
Or do you have to buy them separately?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the bracket, there is one light with and one light without when you are on the website. Roughly same price buying together vs separate. Controller is definitely separate.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For $158 it will be the one that doesn't include the mounting bracket. The package with the bracket adds about $30.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What you see is what you get. Controller also sell separately

galantra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If upgrading lights will remote or bracket from K72 work with unit?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If upgrading lights will remote or bracket from K72 work with unit?
From what I’ve read, the controller won’t work (there are more channels on the V3), and I think the mounting arm will work (but I’m not 100% on the mounting arm).

willieboy240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone that actually grows highend sps with this light ? I’ve been thinking about trying it but I’m on the fence about it. As I have some really nice sps. I’ve been searching the internet that has been using these for a while. But I haven’t found anyone yet.
I was wondering how they would perform compared to my Kessils and GHLs.
Or they just kinda a black box type light.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone that actually grows highend sps with this light ? I’ve been thinking about trying it but I’m on the fence about it. As I have some really nice sps. I’ve been searching the internet that has been using these for a while. But I haven’t found anyone yet.
The newer noopsyche lights are still relatively new so most of the people on here who have them are still fairly new to them. I have acropora in my tank but I've only had the lights for a few weeks so I can't comment on growth or anything, plus I'm not sure I have any acros that would be considered high end. I think of these lights as somewhere between blackboxes and premium brands.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all of the research I’ve done about these, and I’ve done quite a bit, I would say that the actual lighting is top notch. Someone whose advice I really trust when it comes to reef lighting (telegraham on youtube) has said it’s nearly identical in spectrum and intensity to the G4 Radion (I’ve been really impressed with the spectrum). That said, the controller is garbage, I think that is definitely the compromise they had to make to sell the lights for what they do. I’ve only been using the light for a couple weeks, but I’m really impressed by the actual lighting. Full disclosure: Noopsyche reached out to me and asked me to test out the V3, I wasn’t in the market for a new light, was using an AI prime, but I am actually really happy that I decided to try it, all of my corals have responded positively and they look better than they did under the AI Prime. But to answer your question, I think these will grow and color up pretty much anything. I think the actual lighting is high quality, the hardware/housing is middle of the road, and the controller is off in the gutter somewhere.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all of the research I’ve done about these, and I’ve done quite a bit, I would say that the actual lighting is top notch. Someone whose advice I really trust when it comes to reef lighting (telegraham on youtube) has said it’s nearly identical in spectrum and intensity to the G4 Radion (I’ve been really impressed with the spectrum). That said, the controller is garbage, I think that is definitely the compromise they had to make to sell the lights for what they do. I’ve only been using the light for a couple weeks, but I’m really impressed by the actual lighting. Full disclosure: Noopsyche reached out to me and asked me to test out the V3, I wasn’t in the market for a new light, was using an AI prime, but I am actually really happy that I decided to try it, all of my corals have responded positively and they look better than they did under the AI Prime. But to answer your question, I think these will grow and color up pretty much anything. I think the actual lighting is high quality, the hardware/housing is middle of the road, and the controller is off in the gutter somewhere.
Couldnt agree more. And honestly..the controller itself is not THAT bad. We have just become Divas with iPhone apps. 10 years ago no one would have batted an eye at this controller and would have said it was top notch. We have just become complacent with all of the new features that a phone app brings. As long as your primary concern is the light...you are not going to go wrong. If you are a tech junkie..you will probably complain about the controller for two weeks than completely stop caring because your corals look so good and you dont need to fuss with your lighting controls after you set them up. I would however, research how you are going to hang these. Of all of the complaints, how these are hung really do seem to be the biggest issue. On my AquaticLife hybrid..EZPZ. For others, it has been a challenge

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This classified ad has expired and has been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back