Aquarium flow.

TannerManno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150 tall with 2 mp40’s. I am just curious thd flow some of you guys have in your tank. I notice when I’m in feeding mode and flow is off my anemones are fully open and big. But when flow is on they kind of close up a little more. They would move if they didn’t like the flow right? I turned thd flow down only using about 20% of the flow and they seem to open up better. I’m just wondering if your flow is as low as mine.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two MP40's on my 120, and currently run it at 55% during the day in Reef Crest mode, and I think 15% at night in Lagoon Mode.
I just installed them last week, and I can't remember what exactly my settings were (and I'm out of town and can't connect via the app ;Woot)

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes anenomes will move if there is too much flow, one of the ways some people use to get them to move is to point flow right at them. Mine are all in decent flow and seem to be happy.

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two MP40's on my 120, and currently run it at 55% during the day in Reef Crest mode, and I think 15% at night in Lagoon Mode.
I just installed them last week, and I can't remember what exactly my settings were (and I'm out of town and can't connect via the app ;Woot)
How do you get the MP 40 to run reef crest in the day and lagoon at night?

I have a 109 gallon tank and would love to run something very similar if you can assist?

I am currently running on the second light im assuming 20% ? 24/7 in reef crest mode

Thank you !

Flux Capacitor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get the MP 40 to run reef crest in the day and lagoon at night?

I have a 109 gallon tank and would love to run something very similar if you can assist?

I am currently running on the second light im assuming 20% ? 24/7 in reef crest mode

Thank you !
If you have the mobius MP40s click edit on the pump and just drag another mode from the right side of the screen onto your schedule on the left. Then you can adjust the times that it runs.

85729CE8-FE9B-4527-823E-4F9B8D76DBAA.png

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the mobius MP40s click edit on the pump and just drag another mode from the right side of the screen onto your schedule on the left. Then you can adjust the times that it runs.

This.
Just have to set the schedules you want.
Since my original post I've changed my schedule some more.
I run two hours of wave mode, then two hours of reef crest. Repeat during the day until night time when it goes into lagoon mode. Let me tell you, that wave really rocks the water in there!

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a smaller tank and run two MP40s between 50-55% between reef crest and lagoon. I think you're way too low.
Really, there are a lot of factors that effect the flow you need in a tank, not just gallons. Rock work and coral grow out would be one of the biggest IMO. With the way my tank is laid out, running the MP40's at 55-60% with alternating standing wave and reef crest bring quite a lot of turbulent flow in my tank.

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, there are a lot of factors that effect the flow you need in a tank, not just gallons. Rock work and coral grow out would be one of the biggest IMO. With the way my tank is laid out, running the MP40's at 55-60% with alternating standing wave and reef crest bring quite a lot of turbulent flow in my tank.
It's always a tradeoff. Any lower in mine and stuff collects on the rock and sand. any higher it's like a hurricane. I moved the MP40s around a bit to get the flow right without blasting the corals. I've got them up pretty high on the sides right now. What do you have in the tank ?

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks ill have to look into this more. So it looks like an application for your phone similar to the red sea program I run for my lights?

I guess I know what I am doing tonight when I get home from work haha

Thank you !!!

Flux Capacitor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ill have to look into this more. So it looks like an application for your phone similar to the red sea program I run for my lights?

I guess I know what I am doing tonight when I get home from work haha

Thank you !!!
Yea it’s called mobius. Your mp40s need to be compatible with it though. If not you will need a reef link to do the same thing. When were your mp40s purchased?

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it’s called mobius. Your mp40s need to be compatible with it though. If not you will need a reef link to do the same thing. When were your mp40s purchased?
I downloaded Mobius its pretty cool. I am running the same schedule as you pretty much now . Reef crest during the day and Lagoon at night . I just need to dial in what percentages to run for each and at what times to run each option. I have a 109 gallon and pretty much all soft LPS corals right now so not quite sure what is too much flow and what is too little. guess its difficult for me to find that goldilocks zone being such a new reefer

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back