Aquarium Room Humidity and PH Problem

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 24 x 24 shop with a 14' ceiling and lots of aquariums. I also live in the VERY DEEP South so the heat and humidity are out of control here. I am currently using a Frigidaire 70 Pint Dehumidifier and Senville 18K BTU Mini Split. They both work well but the noise is deafening. I'm also taking a beating on PH. (I am using C02 Media). I thought of using a bathroom fan to pull out hot humid air and duct it outside. But the replacement inbound air from the outside is worse to vent in. I was wondering if anyone has a better solution or recommendation on a much quieter large dehumidifier? I know the mini-split has a dehumidifier but it puts hot air back out and drives the temp up.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i uses a global industries 250 pint low grain commercial dehumidifier in a 30x70 morton building with a 1500 gallon lagoon in it . Its rated for 2500 sq feet so its sized about right plus it was available used locally.... My building is insulated and has ridge vents and vented soffits. Prior to that I had large tanks in a concrete building with not as good of ventilation and i always had humidity issues big time.

if your building is not vented very well you might look into ideas for better ventilation that before changing your mini split /current duhumidifier

Back