Aquarium safe silicone for aquascaping

Reaper_Six_Four

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2022
Messages
183
Reaction score
54
Location
76655
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
planning my aquascape at the moment.

Has anyone used aquarium safe silicone to put rocks together instead of super glue gel or epoxy?

Curious why this isn’t done instead.
 
I wouldn't just because the cure time the silicone takes to dry, plus since it stays soft/ pliable, I would bet rocks wouldn't hold together long term.

I'mUsing thin superglue and pouring sand over the wet glue makes the glue dry almost instant and produces a great bond. Reapply and add layers to strengthen joints. Using this method I can hold my top rock and hang the rest of the 15lbs beneath it. (For my current project)
 
I wouldn't just because the cure time the silicone takes to dry, plus since it stays soft/ pliable, I would bet rocks wouldn't hold together long term.

I'mUsing thin superglue and pouring sand over the wet glue makes the glue dry almost instant and produces a great bond. Reapply and add layers to strengthen joints. Using this method I can hold my top rock and hang the rest of the 15lbs beneath it. (For my current project)
I second this! @Gluemasters and Marco rock powder.
 
Super glue with baking soda is amazing. Then add a sprinkle of rock dust on top with super glue to blend the look
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new