Aquarium shop - did it close?

Andrew Wulff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard through the grapevine that the Aquarium Shop was closing at the end of Aug. I haven't been able to get back down there. Does anyone know if that happened? Any updates?

eric.battani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is someone buying it and keeping it a fish store? Been meaning to stop in but I've had a lot on my plate at the moment

OP
OP
A

Andrew Wulff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went by today. Pete said end of Sept. unless all the fish are not gone. Everything in the store is currently 25% off.

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a shame that the store is closing, Pete’s been a “true LFS” in Huntsville for almost 40 years. Going to leave us with very few options locally. Aquatic Cove in Madison, then there’s PetSmart & Petco, both only have hardware & frozen food, but no saltwater livestock. These are the only places I know of in Madison county. If anyone knows of other LFS in the area, please share.
I know being a part of this group, R2R & other Reef keeping social media sites will be more important going forward, as Pete has been a great resource for me. :(

OP
OP
A

Andrew Wulff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco has livestock but it is mainly fish and poorly cared for. I think there is a newer store in Hartselle.

Pete and the store will be missed.

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm Hartselle, I will have to check into that. No more quick trips to the LFS for me, Pete’s is like 5 min from my house. :confused:

kyleThatGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what a small world never would I have thought I’d find out about this by being on R2R not even looking for it.....there’s a Tony’s aquarium In Guntersville but besides that I’ve got nothing salty around Scottsboro :(

Whirly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to them the other day. They have quite a bit of fish still left in stock.
They are planning to be closed up at the end of the month if the fish are all sold, like was stated above. Between there and aquatic cove, they were my two weekly trips to shop. Sad to see them go.

Reeftastic2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony's Aquarium is opening up a new location off of university next to David's Bridal in a few weeks. He is going to have a really good saltwater selection. Both fish and coral. I also heard he will be selling RODI water and will carry frozen. What else would yall like to see? I will relay the message to him.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back