Aquascape Advice - want to ensure I am setting myself up for long term success.

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’ll be picking up my first live stock tomorrow for my waterbox 35.2. Can you review my Aquascape and let me know your thoughts on it/ability to have a good mixed reef?

I am considering pushing the structure (already glued and mortared) closer to the back glass leaving only enough room to get a scraper down, although tighter than normally recommended my reasoning is that with the AIO I can’t use a magnet scraper any ways and the additional room at the front will allow for more coral in the sand bed.

Secondly, I am hoping for a mixed reef in the long term and have a light on order that can support this. How should I structure the coral?

I was thinking SPS top to top left or arch, possibly torches on far right of arch, LPS throughout and softy down low/sand bed?

What about below the arch? Will this become dead space due to lack of light? I can move the power head if needed. So far just have the one sicce nano power head o can get more/better as they’re needed.

Thanks everyone, pretty excited.

199277BC-D331-4032-94EC-8DDDFDDEB26C.jpeg 8AA1A771-7E4E-40FF-A81F-C1A9E54B0A18.jpeg 2A183137-FAD4-40C9-8957-C32D21D43FF6.jpeg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d push it back to the glass. You don’t even need to clean the back glass (that’s why it’s black). You might be able to put a low light coral under the arch. The biggest problem I see is there aren’t any hiding spots for fish. You need little caves and places fish can retreat to feel safe.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back