Aquascape for my new 180g

tc760

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my planned aquascape for my 180g build. I want to go more on the minimalist side. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to go bare bottom so I built to sit free standing. Most of the rock work is below the 50% line for the height of the tank. Thoughts?

IMG_20200223_150841.jpg

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like a good amount of rock work in my tank for plenty of coral space. I feel like if you doubled the size of what you have now it would look good in my eye, but it’s all up to you.

OP
OP
T

tc760

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like a good amount of rock work in my tank for plenty of coral space. I feel like if you doubled the size of what you have now it would look good in my eye, but it’s all up to you.

I get what you mean. My last tank had a lot of rock and after 5 years I wished for a longtime I had less and added as needed. My goal for this tank is 100% corals I like not just what's cheap and easy to grow. So I expect a lot less corals going in the first couple years. I should take a top down pic since you can't see the different overhangs. I am leaving myself the ability to shift things around easily and add more rock. I plan on a lot of euphyllia and other lps on the bottom and sps on the rocks. I'll see more when the tank arrives in a few weeks. I may end up adding more.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 192 71.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back