Aquascape preferances

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquadude1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aquadude1

Nem enjoyer
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
637
Reaction score
623
Location
35613
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The hobby has seemed to shift to negative space scapes. I appreciate these and I am impressed with them, but I actually prefer the older style rock wall scapes (personal preferenc). Especially when they are well built with many caves and tunnels for fish.

I'm curious what everyone elses thoughts on scapes are. Do you like minimal scapes, rock walls, or something in between?
 
Last edited:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Honestly, I don't really have a preference for an aquascape. As long as there is space for coral to grow and fish to be happy I don't care
 
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Honestly, I don't really have a preference for an aquascape. As long as there is space for coral to grow and fish to be happy I don't care
Oh yeah definitely agree. It all comes down to personal preference as long as livestock is healthy and take care of.
 
I like to scape my tank for the inhabitants. I don't consider the scape itself a work of art like some people do.
Agreed, pursuing visual appeal should never comprise the inhabitants health.
 
I the rock walls, they fill up the tank and naturally provide lots of nooks and crannies for livestock to hide. Rock walls have the look and feel of a natural reef.

NSA rockscapes are beautiful, but unnatural IMO and don't provide benefit to the livestock. Thats just how I feel.
 
I the rock walls, they fill up the tank and naturally provide lots of nooks and crannies for livestock to hide. Rock walls have the look and feel of a natural reef.

NSA rockscapes are beautiful, but unnatural IMO and don't provide benefit to the livestock. Thats just how I feel.
Thats kinda what pushed me away fro negative space aquascapes. I think sometimes it can be so minimal there are no line of sight breaks, but a lot of that does resolve once stoney corals grow in i feel.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new