Aquascape?

ZachariahBeanzz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2024
Messages
290
Reaction score
118
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I recently received the rocks I ordered for my IM 20g tank, and started aquascaping. I’m planning on keeping a
Neon Goby Tailspot Blenny, and a Royal Gramma amoung various LPS and soft corals. Here’s what I’ve so far created
IMG_8921.jpeg
IMG_8920.jpeg

I know the images aren’t the greatest, but from what you can see, would it work out okay? Thanks!
 
I think flow would be fine with this set up. Really for me, once I settle on a design you can simply adjust your flow after the fact.

I do like the rock work on the right (the cave and live edge looks sweet - almost lion king ish with Pride Rock)

I would change the structure on the left as to me it looks like three pieces of rock stacked on top of each other. I think you could redesign and create another cave or inlet.

Just my 2 cents
 
I think flow would be fine with this set up. Really for me, once I settle on a design you can simply adjust your flow after the fact.

I do like the rock work on the right (the cave and live edge looks sweet - almost lion king ish with Pride Rock)

I would change the structure on the left as to me it looks like three pieces of rock stacked on top of each other. I think you could redesign and create another cave or inlet.

Just my 2 cents
Yeah, I was finicking with the left structure for a while, I want it to be a separate island type of structure. But that’s the best I could come up with, I like the idea of another inlet, but I couldn’t seem to quite get it there.
 
I think I may have made it look better?
IMG_8935.jpeg
IMG_8934.jpeg

I wad thinking I could just make the left structure a zoa island, but I still don’t know
 
I like it! Aquascape and coral placement is half the fun! I dig the new look and think you e accomplish both an island you wanted as well as made managed to make it more of a cohesive piece in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing this progress!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new