Aquascaping with live rock, keeping it live

Interesting discussion. Bumping it back up because I'm bouncing back and forth between trying to aquascape with the live rock I've had in my old tank for the past 6 years or if I should just go with dry rock and create a nice scape...or some mix of the 2. I have plenty of dry rock and plenty of live rock to do the entire tank in either (yep, I'm that much of a hoarder), so I really do have all 3 options at no cost.
while I've never done it, you could potentially use the baking soda & CA glue method on the live rock, if you dry off the spots to be glued pretty well, and then make the adhesion, it may be able to make a strong bond. Just a guess, but it really may be possible. Then you could go back later and glue on some sand over the surface. Again, I don't know if it'll work but it would totally be worth a try!
 
Interesting discussion. Bumping it back up because I'm bouncing back and forth between trying to aquascape with the live rock I've had in my old tank for the past 6 years or if I should just go with dry rock and create a nice scape...or some mix of the 2. I have plenty of dry rock and plenty of live rock to do the entire tank in either (yep, I'm that much of a hoarder), so I really do have all 3 options at no cost.
Use you existing lr. You can glue these rocks together using thin superglue and sand. Plus you skip the cycle
 
My fish are loving my dry rock aquascape. Complete with maybe 15 overhangs and tunnels. Not possible with wet rock. That I added in sump
20220303_235921.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new