Aquascaping with live rock, keeping it live

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting discussion. Bumping it back up because I'm bouncing back and forth between trying to aquascape with the live rock I've had in my old tank for the past 6 years or if I should just go with dry rock and create a nice scape...or some mix of the 2. I have plenty of dry rock and plenty of live rock to do the entire tank in either (yep, I'm that much of a hoarder), so I really do have all 3 options at no cost.
while I've never done it, you could potentially use the baking soda & CA glue method on the live rock, if you dry off the spots to be glued pretty well, and then make the adhesion, it may be able to make a strong bond. Just a guess, but it really may be possible. Then you could go back later and glue on some sand over the surface. Again, I don't know if it'll work but it would totally be worth a try!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting discussion. Bumping it back up because I'm bouncing back and forth between trying to aquascape with the live rock I've had in my old tank for the past 6 years or if I should just go with dry rock and create a nice scape...or some mix of the 2. I have plenty of dry rock and plenty of live rock to do the entire tank in either (yep, I'm that much of a hoarder), so I really do have all 3 options at no cost.
Use you existing lr. You can glue these rocks together using thin superglue and sand. Plus you skip the cycle

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish are loving my dry rock aquascape. Complete with maybe 15 overhangs and tunnels. Not possible with wet rock. That I added in sump
20220303_235921.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back