Aquashella Dallas 2020

Mtb_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who’s going to Aquashella Dallas this year, and how do you plan on prepping for purchasing coral?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who’s going to Aquashella Dallas this year, and how do you plan on prepping for purchasing coral?
Thinking of going as a vendor. If I didn't live all the way in chicago I would snag a bunch of corals especially since i'm setting up new tanks right now

OP
OP
Mtb_reefer

Mtb_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I’m interested in how people plan on keeping coral over night while staying at a hotel and what type of containers they will be using while actually at the event. Last year I walked around all day with bags of coral and I’d like to be better prepared this year.

Gree23849

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I went to the Dallas Aquashella I bought one of thier moving containers, it has a coral rack. You wouldn't be able to use it for nems or large colonies, only frags, but for corals it's super thick so slight temp changes won't hurt too quickly... I could not full proof it tho... because my car got a flat and Tesla doesn't come with spares so I was out in like 10 degree weather in the middle of Midland on my way back to Carlsbad and lost all of the corals:( BUT that's an idea! If you're getting frags. If not... Ask to double or triple bag... And then a small cooler to keep the temp warm. They should last overnight for sure, and all vendors are very prepared for travelers so theyll let you know what to do

Arricefe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I’m interested in how people plan on keeping coral over night while staying at a hotel and what type of containers they will be using while actually at the event. Last year I walked around all day with bags of coral and I’d like to be better prepared this year.
I have a couple double insulated tumblers I bought from harbor freight, two urine sample cups fit inside. I call them my frag transport devices. The urine cups meet the TSA requirements for air travel carry on.

OP
OP
Mtb_reefer

Mtb_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is kind of what I’m thinking
and building an obsession have a watertight container with drag racks in it. Luckily I only live 2 hours from Dallas but my birthday is the fallowing Wednesday so my fiancé booked the Hilton Anatole for the weekend through Monday and got vip tickets! Also considering bringing a 10gallon with me to keep coral over night.

28A43CCB-1B54-4797-A5C3-03EFC88A1509.png

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sources say the brew vendors were marking slick surface quantity tickets per visitor with a child's highlighter marker not pressing very hard, these marks undone with a thumb swipe. two hours in, they were marking nothing. resulting in a 40% sales boost for the adjoining convention

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mtb_reefer

Mtb_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sources say the brew vendors were marking slick surface quantity tickets per visitor with a child's highlighter marker not pressing very hard, these marks undone with a thumb swipe. two hours in, they were marking nothing. resulting in a 40% sales boost for the adjoining convention
what the heck(sorry) that’s pretty lame!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was not lame for the cardholders with yellow thumbs heh. i believe the placards had spaces for twelve samples in total. as the evening progressed, authorities noticed everyone had clear cards. they'd been mostly just browsing it seemed

uber made a killin

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what if they have the unlimited free beer all day next door again, then what

It is not at the fair grounds this time so I doubt there will be any other vendors. It is at Dallas Market Hall which is next the Children's and Parkland hospital.

davidrod8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are planning on driving up from Houston (about 4-5 hours) and plan to bring my 3 kids. Hopefully they have stuff for them to do, although I'm sure after a couple of hours they will be going back to the hotel.

Planning on driving up Friday night and getting the VIP tickets. Do I need to get those before arriving or is it ok to get them at the door? heard horrible stories about last year getting in (did not attend)

As for storing the corals, I was planning on bringing my yeti bag but also concerned as we won't be coming back home until Sunday night.

1582555637296.png

OP
OP
Mtb_reefer

Mtb_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are planning on driving up from Houston (about 4-5 hours) and plan to bring my 3 kids. Hopefully they have stuff for them to do, although I'm sure after a couple of hours they will be going back to the hotel.

Planning on driving up Friday night and getting the VIP tickets. Do I need to get those before arriving or is it ok to get them at the door? heard horrible stories about last year getting in (did not attend)

As for storing the corals, I was planning on bringing my yeti bag but also concerned as we won't be coming back home until Sunday night.

1582555637296.png
Idk about when to buy tickets. I’ve already got mine but yes it got a little chaotic last year trying to get in. I’m bringing my 2 year old I think the kids will enjoy the colors of every thing and the entrance last year was cool so hopefully it’s even better this year

hoju74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the Chicago one last year and the place it was at was WAY too small for the crowd...hope they rectify that this year. Tons of cool stuff there though.

OP
OP
Mtb_reefer

Mtb_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the Chicago one last year and the place it was at was WAY too small for the crowd...hope they rectify that this year. Tons of cool stuff there though.
Dallas was cramped too. They got a lot more people than expected I think.

hoju74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours was at a VFW/Knights of Columbus type place. Way too small. I'm hoping ours is somewhere like a hotel convention center type location that would allow more space/parking.

Back