Aquatek Co2 Regulator/Solenoid Issue

Bodul67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the AQUATEK Aquarium CO2 Regulator with Integrated COOL TOUCH Solenoid. It's on a timer to turn on & off at specific times. When the timer switches off, the solenoid sticks in the open position. I have to unplug & plug it back in multiple times before the solenoid closes. I unscrewed the solenoid from the brass regulator and found that the rubber O-Ring has been torn slightly and that's the reason the solenoid wouldn't close properly. I reached out to Aquatek about a replacement O-Ring and they replied by I need to order a new solenoid. Of course they would, they want me to pay $40 for a new solenoid rather than pay less than $1 for a new O-Ring. Horrible!!!

Has anyone had this same problem and how was it rectified? I can't seem to find the exact O-ring to replace. I found one at Lowes and it's 5/16" ID x 1/16" CS, but it's too thick. The CS is half the thickness around 1/32" that I need.

The picture below is the O-ring that I'm talking about. It's NOT a picture of the torn one that I have, it's just a reference to location of O-Ring.

Aquatek.PNG

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O-tings are available from a wide variety of sources. Other hardware stores often have a different selection especially if you have a decent Ace hardware near by. Auto parts stores, Harbor Freight, Granger supply, industrial hardware stores, on-line stores and bearing supply houses are all possibilities. A good bearing supply is pretty much guaranteed to have it, but most have a minimum purchase.
If you have the deminsions, I might even be able to help you out.

OP
OP
B

Bodul67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O-tings are available from a wide variety of sources. Other hardware stores often have a different selection especially if you have a decent Ace hardware near by. Auto parts stores, Harbor Freight, Granger supply, industrial hardware stores, on-line stores and bearing supply houses are all possibilities. A good bearing supply is pretty much guaranteed to have it, but most have a minimum purchase.
If you have the deminsions, I might even be able to help you out.
Thanks for the info. It seams to be 5/16" ID x 1/32" CS. I bought from Lowes 5/16" ID x 1/16" CS, but it's too thick the 1/16" CS

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back