Aquatic Life 36" Hybrid owners: Can I get a picture of your power adapter?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to buy a larger power adapter to combine units and take up fewer outlets. But I'm having trouble finding the specific specs of the unit. Can any of you snap a photo for me? Thanks!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they're direct-wired to the ballast, so just a plug to the wall and you're done. Some of us have taken that further and modified the fixture to a single power cord, if that's your thing. Voids warranty FWIW.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unit comes with 2 power chords, one for each ballast as the unit has 2 ballast, a lot of us combine the 2 and hook it up to 1 power chord.

Their r several threads on this, I also put it in my build thread.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unit comes with 2 power chords, one for each ballast as the unit has 2 ballast, a lot of us combine the 2 and hook it up to 1 power chord.

Ohhh, That's good to know. I'll plan my cord-organization and outlets-needs accordingly. Is there any heat risks with running both cords together? Electrical is still a thing I've avoided digging too far in to. Makes me a bit nervous

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh, That's good to know. I'll plan my cord-organization and outlets-needs accordingly. Is there any heat risks with running both cords together? Electrical is still a thing I've avoided digging too far in to. Makes me a bit nervous
I upgraded the wiring, I think it came with a 18/3 chord and I replaced it with a 16/3 chord.

If you look at my build thread, page 3 you can see how I did it.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded the wiring, I think it came with a 18/3 chord and I replaced it with a 16/3 chord.

If you look at my build thread, page 3 you can see how I did it.

I forgot to mention I got the newer DX18s. Received them yesterday and thankfully only one power cord

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back