Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vu Nguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hAve reefer 450 5 foots long tank with 3 radion xr30w pro.
What unit should I get 48 inches or 61 inches?

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry if this was covered at some point. Has anyone mounted the fixtures in swapped positions? So the bulbs are farther out from the center rather than biased inwards? I’d like to do so with the new decorative end caps, 24” length. The reason is that I am planning a 36x68 inch footprint tank. I need the extra spread for sure, might have to get some brackets for Sbars tossed in as well!

Tikosyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, not to derail this at all but I have the 61 inch fixture coming in tomorrow and I have an extra 18 inch bracket coming as well. I have a 72x24x24 tank, should I be getting the 24 inch brackets? I have 4 AI Hydra LED's I am using now that will be going inside the fixture. Thanks!

Are you considering running the AI perpendicular to the T5 or parallel? If parallel you can keep it 18" if you want to go perpendicular you will need the 24" (23.25")[/QUOTE]

Well since I have the 18 inch brackets I guess parallel at this time. I am mainly keeping LPS and I don't have many at this time but plan on getting more soon so I bought this fixture to have nice stable lighting in T5 for when I do so.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Well since I have the 18 inch brackets I guess parallel at this time. I am mainly keeping LPS and I don't have many at this time but plan on getting more soon so I bought this fixture to have nice stable lighting in T5 for when I do so.[/QUOTE]

If you want to change later the accessories are available. I think for what you are keeping you will be good for now.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I’m sorry if this was covered at some point. Has anyone mounted the fixtures in swapped positions? So the bulbs are farther out from the center rather than biased inwards? I’d like to do so with the new decorative end caps, 24” length. The reason is that I am planning a 36x68 inch footprint tank. I need the extra spread for sure, might have to get some brackets for Sbars tossed in as well!

It could be done but you would need to drill additional holes in the end plates, the mounting holes will be off. Let me know on the brackets.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
So you dont make any kind of mounting arms like Ecotech RW30 have or anything? Thats the kind of mounting arm im thinking about. One that I could adjust the higher on so I could put it inside at the top of my canopy.[/QUOTE]

Arms that mount to the aquarium we do not have. The weight and torque that could be placed on the aquarium glass is not a chance we wanted to take. We have the universal fixture arms that will mount to the stand and they can be adjusted or the suspension wire could be adjusted.

ashr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up buying a 24" from J&L Aquatics in BC, Canada so I could get the rebate. You said You have some ceiling mounts left over? I was gonna PM you if you did as I am interested in those :D

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up buying a 24" from J&L Aquatics in BC, Canada so I could get the rebate. You said You have some ceiling mounts left over? I was gonna PM you if you did as I am interested in those :D
Need to show what that sucker is going to be going over ;) Hope that wasn't their last 24", was planning on swinging by after work today to grab one haha.

ashr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to show what that sucker is going to be going over ;) Hope that wasn't their last 24", was planning on swinging by after work today to grab one haha.
They have one more ;) haha
It will be going over a Reefer 170

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1

Perfect.

I do have some of the black ceiling mounts left. Send me a PM with your address and I can get you a shipping cost.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. The mounting system you have here, suspending the fixture, what's attached to the back of the tank stand, what system is that?

Aquatic Life Introduces The T5 HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture All Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For - Available in 24", 36" & 48" lengths for 18-24" wide (front to back) aquariums. Universal mounts included for EcoTech Radion (TM), Kessil 360 (TM), and AI Hydra & AI Prime (TM) LED Fixtures.

MSRP Pricing: $229.99 for 24", $269.99 for 36" and $299.99 for 48".

This new mounting system with T5 HO lamp housings is for use with the Kessil 360, EcoTech Radion and AquaIllumination Prime LED fixtures, and includes universal mounting brackets to install them into the fixture. Suspension hardware included - lamps, mounting arms and LED fixtures (of course!) NOT included.

T5 HO Hybrid Mounting System Launch Scheduled for Fall 2017. Stay Tuned to R2R or subscribe to the Aquatic Life Newsletter at The Top of Our Home Page (aquaticlife.com) to Receive Updates!
AquaticLife_MACNA_2017_FINAL R2R.jpg

Hybrid Fixture 3 R2R.jpg

Hybrid Fixture 2 R2R.jpg

Hybrid Fixture 1 R2R.jpg

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I'm confused. The mounting system you have here, suspending the fixture, what's attached to the back of the tank stand, what system is that?

Instructions for the fixture hangers attached.

Attachments

• Hanger_Installation_Guide_121517.pdf
    869.8 KB · Views: 90

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back