Aquatic life hybrid tank: kessil brackets for 24" wide configuration?

SteveG_inDC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to hang an aquatic life hybrid fixture with the 24" endcaps and Kessils for LEDs, but the round brackets aren't wide enough and Aquatic Life doesn't have a product that will work. Has anyone else faced this and come up with a solution for hanging round lights over a 24" wide AL fixture?

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to hang an aquatic life hybrid fixture with the 24" endcaps and Kessils for LEDs, but the round brackets aren't wide enough and Aquatic Life doesn't have a product that will work. Has anyone else faced this and come up with a solution for hanging round lights over a 24" wide AL fixture?
I helped an LFS install some 360Xs in a hybrid before the specialized brackets were available. The standard universal brackets will nearly work on their own. The only issue is that the USBC port is blocked. With just a simple drill you can make a hole for the USBC port and use the regular brackets.

On another note. I believe at least part of the reason no one has tried this is that no one wants to do it. 360s and 360Xs are really best suited for a 24in coverage area and most people who would use the 24in end plate would likely use it with larger LEDs like the AP9X.

What size tank are you trying to light?

OP
OP
SteveG_inDC

SteveG_inDC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I helped an LFS install some 360Xs in a hybrid before the specialized brackets were available. The standard universal brackets will nearly work on their own. The only issue is that the USBC port is blocked. With just a simple drill you can make a hole for the USBC port and use the regular brackets.

On another note. I believe at least part of the reason no one has tried this is that no one wants to do it. 360s and 360Xs are really best suited for a 24in coverage area and most people who would use the 24in end plate would likely use it with larger LEDs like the AP9X.

What size tank are you trying to light?

My tank is 72 x 30 x 25 high with lagoon configuration (overflow takes up entire left side, ~7" from the end so the length is more like 65").

The helpful Aquatic Life customer service guy Dave has been making same point and asking me the same questions over email. I may be naive about this but was assuming I could put Kessil wide angles in the center and LEDS out wide with 24" brackets and mount the whole thing high.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back