Aquatic life T-5 hybrid problem

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all maybe someone can shed some light on my current problem. I have an aquatic life 24” T-5 hybrid with a radion g5. The problem I’m having is when my apex turns on the lights the front bank doesn’t come on. Just flickers and goes dark. I thought ballast had gone bad so put a new ati HEP ballast and it’s doing the same thing. Could it be that ballast is bad also or is something else going on.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont know much about the fixture but I do service flourescent fixtures at work.
Have you swapped known good bulbs into the place of the ones that are off?
Have you tried plugging it into normal power and switching the fixture on?

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. Yes I should’ve said that earlier, all bulbs are new, I haven’t tried plugging it in directly to the wall but I have swapped outlets on my power bar and doing the same thing. The rear bank of lights is functioning properly

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. Yes I should’ve said that earlier, all bulbs are new, I haven’t tried plugging it in directly to the wall but I have swapped outlets on my power bar and doing the same thing. The rear bank of lights is functioning properly
Doesn't mean a thing that they're new. I ordered 4 new bulbs foe my hybrid fixture and the front 2 did the same, flicker and go out. I swapped bulbs around and found the new actinic bulb to be defective. BRS replaced at no cost and everything works as it should.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't mean a thing that they're new. I ordered 4 new bulbs foe my hybrid fixture and the front 2 did the same, flicker and go out. I swapped bulbs around and found the new actinic bulb to be defective. BRS replaced at no cost and everything works as it should.
I originally thought bulbs they were almost a year old so that’s why I bought new. But didn’t work so that’s when I change ballast. Also swapped bulbs around with ones I know we’re working. Same result.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres the troubleshooting guide from the manuf.
Sorry i couldnt be more help but it does sound like a bulb issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-160702_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-160702_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 47

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add to this thread, my @AquaticLifeProducts T5 Hybrid 36" model, (G2..I think), just today, has stopped turning the lights on in the back T5 bank. Possible that my bulbs are bad, but I need to move the fixture to swap the bulbs to see what's up. I'm not sure if my ballast is bad, because I thought that the manual is saying that each ballast is powering one row in either bank.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine ended up being a bulb issue. I was having intermittent problems with one bank so I changed that ballast and it wouldn’t work at all put new bulbs in wouldn’t work. Put old ballast back in with new bulbs didn’t work, ordered more bulbs changed and it worked, put new ballast back in and it continued to work, so yeah I guess I got a bad batch of bulbs. Definitely had me scratching my head for a minute though.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back