Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Hi. I am considering purchasing a t5 hybrid or maybe even the new DX18...and adding a Kessil or Ai later on. My question is this. I have a seaclear 50 acrylic tank that is only 15” wide. I see the bulbs are not placed at the outside of the fixture...will this give me a lot of spill outside the tank at the proper mounting height? Can I adjust the reflectors (or will I need to) to maximize the spread?
Also...my tank has an acrylic top...will this reduce par or reflect light in any way? Thank you!

Just wanted to share our email so everyone would have access to the information.....
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for considering the fixture.

Unfortunately the fixture width on the DX18 cannot be adjusted and the reflectors are fixed in position. The original hybrid can be adjusted down to 16" width if needed but the dimming is lost.

With the height of the light determined more by the LED installed, the height of the light above the aquarium would likely have a significant amount of light spillage outside the aquarium if kept in the 18" width.

The acrylic top can reduce light transmission with it even being perfectly clear and it will reduce even more if buildup occurs on the top. You would likely see some reflection off the top too.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share our email so everyone would have access to the information.....
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for considering the fixture.

Unfortunately the fixture width on the DX18 cannot be adjusted and the reflectors are fixed in position. The original hybrid can be adjusted down to 16" width if needed but the dimming is lost.

With the height of the light determined more by the LED installed, the height of the light above the aquarium would likely have a significant amount of light spillage outside the aquarium if kept in the 18" width.

The acrylic top can reduce light transmission with it even being perfectly clear and it will reduce even more if buildup occurs on the top. You would likely see some reflection off the top too.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
Correction... Can be adjusted, you just choose not to offer that option as designed, but cool.

Back