Aquaticlife Hybrid issues (New)

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,
I just received my Aquaticlife Hybrid 48" and turned her on. After an hour of running a high pitched, loud buzz got my attention and as I walked into the tank room one side of the fixture completely went out. Fortunately I purchased extra bulbs. I tried to switch them and I would just get a quick buzz, a flicker of light and then nothing. Any guesses. This is super frustrating. My first shipment of ATI bulbs was destroyed, and now this. Its delaying my progress on my 100 gallon... just hoping for some solutions. I have always done... and will likely switch back to, exclusively LEDs... but for now, any help will be much appreciated.

Mahalo!

OP
OP
Tiki Reef Joshua

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solved I think... I was swapping bulbs and and not unplugging. There is a safety feature to keep the ballast safe. After unplugging and re-plugging with new bulbs it seems ok... Chalking it up to bad coral plus bulb.... unlucky with bulbs it seems....

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.4%
Back