Aquaticlife T5 4 bulb fixture

  • Thread starter Thread starter FugeTown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FugeTown

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2016
Messages
871
Reaction score
845
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2reefer's,
I have been using a ati coral plus t5 bulb and 3 Actinic bulbs in my LPS dominant 40 gallon breeder. I love my actnics and was wondering if I swapped out my coral plus bulb with another acticinic would I still see good coral growth or would it cause them to get smaller? I don't have a glass cover and my light is suspended so I could get my light very close to the water surface if that would possibly make the all actinic light setup work. Please help me out all you light experts,

I also have a couple ati blue plus bulbs a 10,000k aquaticlife bulb purple bulb and a aqua blue special bulb in my bulb collection, so if you know a better bulb combination for optimal coral growth please share.

Thank you
 
My suggestion if you like the heavy actinic look would be 2 actinic and 2 blue +. I'm not sure all actinic would work well since you would be completely lacking the higher spectrum light (red).
 
My suggestion if you like the heavy actinic look would be 2 actinic and 2 blue +.

I agree, playing with your combination to find what you prefer is advisable, just try and use at least 2 colors of bulbs to maximize your spectrum. Blue Plus is the staple, I'd start with 1 of them and fiddle with the other 3 to get a spectrum you prefer for your own eyes.
 
IMG_1243.JPG
I agree, playing with your combination to find what you prefer is advisable, just try and use at least 2 colors of bulbs to maximize your spectrum. Blue Plus is the staple, I'd start with 1 of them and fiddle with the other 3 to get a spectrum you prefer for your own eyes.
Thanks, I ended up doing some more research and found out like you guys said I need the full spectrum so I used my aquablue special which is a 15,000k bulb with a lot of blue (that bulb is in the back)
Next two bulbs closer to the front are my actinic coral poppin bulbs
And the bulb closest to the front I went with a purple which helps my pink/purple/red colors pop
I'm pretty happy with the look of it , my corals seem to like it too. Thank you guys for your help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new