OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: So it looks like we lost (1) baby, he was very small for some reason. All the other babies grew at an alarming rate, there are some that are already 1/2 the size of the adults. I dont know what happened or what the survival rate is for the babies but i feed twice a day with freshly hatched brine and i do water changes every (3) days. Im not 100 percent sure but it looks like I have (4) males and only (1) female. Does anyone know if I need to introduce a non-related male into the mix or will the babies bond even if they are from the same adult pair? Should I separate?? Other than the baby loss everyone else eat like champions and are looking good, as soon as the food drops in i see pecking from everyone! I am planning on getting a bigger tank later down the road, maybe a 10 gallon or 8 gallon to give some more space.

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: So there seems to be a brine shrimp egg shortage which led me to buy frozen baby brine. The very first day everyone went crazy for them, I have been feeding frozen since then and everyone in the heard is now trained for frozen! I also have some videos of the males showing off for one of my females that I will try to post later. The babies should be full grown around FEB, I might not sell any just yet but sometime next year I will have captive raised, frozen trained babies!

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So very random and out of mating season... we have 4 more babies!! Everyone is doing well!

Attachments

• 9C1ABBCC-8409-413D-BEC0-F4EA4F7A8BB0.jpeg
    9C1ABBCC-8409-413D-BEC0-F4EA4F7A8BB0.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 57

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back