Aquatop Recife 40 Gallon Filtration Options

smoothie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for help on the filtration of the Aquatop Recife 40 Gallon Cube. The bank has multiple chambers. In the first chamber, there is a filter sponge that takes on water from the tank. The chamber is plenty tall to possibly put something underneath that if necessary. It then flows in to a stack of 4 boxes with different media in them. The top box has carbon infused media cubes, then the second box has Phosphate/Nitrate Removing Media (looks like white sponges) then the last 2 boxes are ceramic quartz rings, kind of like bio-balls back in the day. Those four boxes sit in the center of the back large chamber. My dilemma is I am upgrading the light that requires an arm to be mounted on the back of the glass and will interfere with these boxes. I won't be able to remove them if necessary without removing the light. Trying to figure out what other options there may be.

OP
OP
S

smoothie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of my tank along with a factory picture of the back. I am not using a skimmer on this nano.

Attachments

• 40gallon.jpg
    40gallon.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 27
  • filtration.jpg
    filtration.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 27

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 18" 20g Aquatop nano cube I used eheim substrate pro and matrix as bio filtration so I could have a heavy populated system.
Get rid of the black sponge and get a filter floss basket. Attatched pic.
For carbon or gfo I used a nylon bag and just hung it in the first chamber. You could leave the top middle open and just drop in a bag.
I ran 2 16hds from the back and never had to remove the middle baskets. If you wanted to remove them to clean then just remove the light once a year or so.
20220110_170103.jpg

20221001_195433.jpg

OP
OP
S

smoothie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. I was hoping to find a media basket for my tank but haven't had any luck. Do you have a link to the filter floss basket?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back