Aquatop Recife 40 AIO Filter Basket

Hello!

New to reefing and picked myself up a Aquatop Recife 40 AIO. Upon doing some research I realized people recommend ditching the included sponge filter and replacing it with Filter floss and some Matrix or Chemipure Blue. Should be easy right? just head on over to InTankAquatics and....oh wait they don't have one.

Well until anything changes i'm going to make my own. I figure it will be similar to what intank offers.

I figure it will include 3 media trays and will be made out of acrylic and will be sourced out and laser cut.

Would Aquatop owners be interested in a media basket?

Depending on cost of materials I figure between $30-$50.

or if theres another option out there let me know :)

MAIN__98196.1607977689.jpg
Hey Brandon do you still make these for the aqua top 40?
 
I am just waiting for the next round of parts to be cut out, then assembly and shipping. You can send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

You also can send me the $60 via PayPal goods and services and I will update you when it ships :)

https://www.paypal.me/neffly
Hi.. are you still making these media trays for Aquatop 24 gallon?
 
It's March 31, 2022...hoping to still be able to purchase a 40 gal Aquatop media basket from NEFFLY. Are you still up and running?
Thanks,
Brenda
 
Hi.. are you still making these media trays for Aquatop 24 gallon?
I have them in design right now. We had to make some adjustments to the new model as some 24g tanks had a slightly smaller chamber causing issues. :/
 
It's March 31, 2022...hoping to still be able to purchase a 40 gal Aquatop media basket from NEFFLY. Are you still up and running?
Thanks,
Brenda
I am almost up and running. I've ran into a bunch of issues mainly with getting these things cut out in large quantities without spending a fortune. I have a final design i'm going to test fit tomorrow and hopefully back up in running in a week or so!
 
You can't buy one fast enough. Adding this to my tank 40g aquatop recife 40g has change my entire tank. I have had it a little over a month. I had an issue with one of the attachmemts and one was replaced asap. My N and P are finaly balanced out by getting rid of the sponge. Do your self a favor and get this ordered befofe you even set up the tank
 
We have the same tank in the 24g version. I ditched all of the foam that came with it and just put filter floss on top and chemipure underneath in the 1st chamber. Skimmer in 2nd and combo of ceramic and bio-balls in the 3rd. There's really no need for the basket/tray setup. Save your $ and upgrade the light, it's barely capable of maintaining softies.
What light did you go with? I have the 40 gallon
 
Hi,
I am about to buy Aquatop 40. Are you still making those?
 
Hi,
I am about to buy Aquatop 40. Are you still making those?
Hey! Yes I do still make them but have stopped the Shopify store. I still take orders over paypal. Send me a pm and I'll get one ready for you
 
Hey! Yes I do still make them but have stopped the Shopify store. I still take orders over paypal. Send me a pm and I'll get one ready for you
Hey I would like one too how can we get in contact about ordering one
 
Update!

Had the pieces for the first prototype cut out today. After a lot of back and forth we came up with this design. Offering the most flexibility and customization for people buying it.
20210225_203532.jpg


Unfortunately because of the size limitation on the tank, we couldn't figure a clean way to install the water box 2.75" filter sock. We did however accommodate the red sea max nano 2" filter sock.

20210225_204148.jpg


No where local was open and had acrylic glue (it's different than super glue) available so tomorrow will be flow testing and seeing if there is any issues with fitment.

Let me know what you guys think!
Is this now for sale? If so I want one. Bruce
 
Is this now for sale? If so I want one. Bruce
Yes! They are for sale. They are made to order so usually about a week out on getting one shipped. If you have any questions feel free to let me know. Otherwise once I get a payment to my PayPal I'll get started! 😁
 
I am just waiting for the next round of parts to be cut out, then assembly and shipping. You can send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

You also can send me the $60 via PayPal goods and services and I will update you when it ships :)

https://www.paypal.me/neffly
I am new to the site so I am sorry if I am not contacting you thru the proper channels. I would like to buy one of these for the receife 40. I could not figure out how to message you directly, would you mind to message me and I can reply back and get this going.
 
Hello!

New to reefing and picked myself up a Aquatop Recife 40 AIO. Upon doing some research I realized people recommend ditching the included sponge filter and replacing it with Filter floss and some Matrix or Chemipure Blue. Should be easy right? just head on over to InTankAquatics and....oh wait they don't have one.

Well until anything changes i'm going to make my own. I figure it will be similar to what intank offers.

I figure it will include 3 media trays and will be made out of acrylic and will be sourced out and laser cut.

Would Aquatop owners be interested in a media basket?

Depending on cost of materials I figure between $30-$50.

or if theres another option out there let me know :)

MAIN__98196.1607977689.jpg
Did you ever make this I have the same tank and I can't find anything that fits in that space
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new