Aquatop Recife 40g skimmer upgrade

drywalljohnny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all .. New here not to reefing . Got an Aquatop 40 Recife 40g need to upgrade skimmer . I read a bunch on here seem like the Aquamax hob 1.5 is the best option and Ofcourse every where is sold out must be one of the only ones that fit. I see it fits well cause the intake and out are so close together need that for this little area you get in the aio tank . I prefer over size bought and returned already coralife 65g and reef octopus 1000 both are too wide as far as intake and out spread out . Any help suggestions pics if your set up etc would be great thanks all .. just going crazy in this one

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Someone just posted anout a 32 gal and what they did i believe follow the link

OP
OP
D

drywalljohnny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you say that replied on there a few minutes ago asking how it was working . Seem way to small imo that ice cap is rated for 5-10 gallons ….I don’t need to fit it in the skimmer slot can be a hang on just the in and out have to be close together like the aquamax 1.5 ….still searching grrr

Char.toombes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the aquamaxx hob 1.5 for my Aquatop 40 and it’s perfect. I have the inlet/outlet in 2nd chamber and the mount for the skimmer hangs over 1st chamber so you will have to get creative on how to use filter media in that chamber. For now I just wedge some of the original black sponge down and set my filter floss on top.

OP
OP
D

drywalljohnny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks they finally came back in stock got one 2 weeks ago yes definitely a great skimmer . .. I wound up taking 3 baskets out .. have the bio media only in there .. so a sock then outlet from skimmer in skimmer slot then inlet to skimmer in media chamber then last box heater return pump an got a canister in and out in there also …works like a charm .. thanks again

image.jpg

Char.toombes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks they finally came back in stock got one 2 weeks ago yes definitely a great skimmer . .. I wound up taking 3 baskets out .. have the bio media only in there .. so a sock then outlet from skimmer in skimmer slot then inlet to skimmer in media chamber then last box heater return pump an got a canister in and out in there also …works like a charm .. thanks again

image.jpg
Im currently waiting on a custom bracket for a WB sock for 1st chamber but I basically have the same setup in mine, just add the ATO to the last chamber. Best of luck! I found that if I empty the skimmer cup every few days I end up skimming out more debris than if I leave it a week and let it do it’s thing, food for thought if you run into high nutrient issues. I float right around 10-12ppm nitrate and 0.01-0.02 PO4

bondno9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
Would you mind showing me the back of your tank so I can get a better visual of your set up? I just bought this tank myself and will be setting it up soon. Going to start upgrading. What equipment you running with this set up? Mind also sharing a pic of your tank? Would love to see it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back