Aquatop Recife Eco 24G

Kris39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has this tank can you please post your builds, at the moment everything is stock and I'm having nothing but problems with the sponge in the first chamber, The skimmer is absolute garbage and I Have put carbon into the baskets but it hasn't seemed to help much. Having a bad algae problem. I've cleaned the tank multiple times, water changes every week and I still can figure it out.

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bump is used to bring your post back to the top of the thread list to help your question be seen.

Im not familiar with your tank so someone else will have to chime in on that but how old is your tank? What kind of fish do you have in it? What is your maintenance schedule? do you use ro/di water? Have you tested your nitrates and phosphates and if so, what are your levels?

DesertCitiesReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same tank as my first reef tank and still currently running it. I did away with sponge and modified a IM desktop filter sock to replace it and got an different skimmer for the middle compartment where the media baskets were located. I found the boxes to be nutrient traps especially the bio media that was included. once I did away with them my phosphates and nitrates dropped. Also make sure to clean the rear chambers every so often for just in case you get detritus build up. Where the stock skimmer was located I run a media bag with carbon and GFO. I can‘t think of the brand of skimmer I use right this moment. But I believe a month or two ago there was another post on the Aquatop tank and I may have posted it in there.

DesertCitiesReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1588309566640.jpeg

This isnt the same brand but pretty much identical to the one I have. I’m sure it’s the same just different company.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 84 71.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back