AquaWiz CRA Thread

Update, I ordered a T-2 calcium reactor. This design seems to recirculate co2 better. It’s also similar to the “Aquawhiz” calcium reactor. Gonna give it a try with the CRA again. The pH control via Apex is more finicky that I was expecting.
I have a 618 SSE GEO that I am thinking about converting to a single chamber. But, I noticed BRS sells the exact same AquaWiz CARX under another brand. It will be faster and likely not much cheaper to just buy that one. But, the quality isn’t there. I’m a little “hard” on my gear. Perhaps I try and find a used single chamber old school GEO or Deltec.
 
Update, I ordered a T-2 calcium reactor. This design seems to recirculate co2 better. It’s also similar to the “Aquawhiz” calcium reactor. Gonna give it a try with the CRA again. The pH control via Apex is more finicky that I was expecting.
Any luck with this setup? I was looking to use the same reactor with a CRA. I feel like that reactor might be a little noisy with the CO2 recirculation. What do you think ??
 
Any luck with this setup? I was looking to use the same reactor with a CRA. I feel like that reactor might be a little noisy with the CO2 recirculation. What do you think ??
I decided to install the T-2 but use pH control via Apex. I switched to a high quality regulator and metering valve as well. Ultimately there were a few reasons I’m not using the CRA. First is they want a pump or supply from a manifold for water input. I drip Kalk and sodium hydroxide in to my return chamber. Thus spiking pH in the reactor and wasting co2 and pH boosting. The second is I want my calcium reactor to operate at a constant output. This can be accomplished with the CRA via manual control. I had a dosing pump, pH and apex so I chose that route.

The recirc ability of the reactor is a little noisy but no worse than a regular reactor. The T-2 has co2 input at the pump exit so some of the bubble dissipation occurs in the chamber before entering the co2 reclaim design. It doesn’t chop up bubbles upon first entry.

I’d recommend the CRA to someone who is a little intimidated by a calcium reactor and has the Aquamaxx CaRx.
 
I decided to install the T-2 but use pH control via Apex. I switched to a high quality regulator and metering valve as well. Ultimately there were a few reasons I’m not using the CRA. First is they want a pump or supply from a manifold for water input. I drip Kalk and sodium hydroxide in to my return chamber. Thus spiking pH in the reactor and wasting co2 and pH boosting. The second is I want my calcium reactor to operate at a constant output. This can be accomplished with the CRA via manual control. I had a dosing pump, pH and apex so I chose that route.

The recirc ability of the reactor is a little noisy but no worse than a regular reactor. The T-2 has co2 input at the pump exit so some of the bubble dissipation occurs in the chamber before entering the co2 reclaim design. It doesn’t chop up bubbles upon first entry.

I’d recommend the CRA to someone who is a little intimidated by a calcium reactor and has the Aquamaxx CaRx.
You selling your CRA ? Lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new