Aquawiz VS KH Gaurdian

tankreefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
570
Reaction score
65
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hello,

I have been running the Trident for a year and looking into the aquawiz or KH Gaurdian. My trident isn’t doing what it should, might be a faulty unit but I can’t get my alk to read correctly. Tried it all. Now looking into aquawiz and Gaurdian. I mainly need something that shows me accurate readings while on the road (I travel every week) that I can check from my phone and or apex. Hoping to get current testimonials of everyone’s recent experience with both products. Thanks.
 
I've been trying an Aquawiz for a few weeks now. Getting it up and running was a nightmare to say the least. But once it up and running, data seems reasonable.

As for the unit itself, the build quality is less than desired. When my unit arrived the entire circuit card assembly mounts were broken from the lid. I had to acrylic bond them back on. Same for another piece of acrylic that holds the test cover area... had to bond that back on since it broke off in shipping. Then my unit started to overflow during testing...discovered one of the dosing pumps was wired backwards. So it kept adding water to the unit instead of draining. Then I discovered the unit itself had a leak in the reference reservoir section. Got my acrylic bond out...again. Patched up that hole. Then most recently the backlight on the LCD completely died, so I have to use a flashlight to see anything. They are supposed to send me a new display but that was weeks ago and nothing has shown up yet. I have concerns about long term reliability based on the poor assembly I've noticed.
 
Dang I might be going with the KH guardian yhen. Thats a lot of issues for $850
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new