Aqueon 210 Bulkhead replacement

bubba60tackle

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2020
Messages
42
Reaction score
10
Location
Palm Bay
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unhappy with my plumbing setup. I bought my setup used and have learned a lot after buying it. I have a vectra L2 for a Aqueon 210 and 40 gallon sump. The pump is reduced down to a 3/4" outlet and when I try to dial it up to get higher flow the pump seems like it is straining. LFS thinks that the problem is it was plumbed with 3/4" so I am wanting to redo it with 1.25" to the tank which as far as I can tell is what it should have been. The problem I see is that the bulkheads are 3/4" barbs coming out, so I want to replace them.

Next problem, attached photo shows how my overflows are. So unless there is a trick I am not aware of I need to use some flex seal tape to seal up the bottom and middle "vents" to the over flow to before I can swap the bulk heads. Is there some other trick for doing this I don't know about?

Megaflow 2.jpg Megaflow 1.jpg
 
Have you tried a different pump? My 300 has 1 inch and 3/4 ich openings I had to work with. I did soft plumbing from the pump to hard PVC, and I also have 2 pumps. Does your overflow allow for a second pump?
 
Overflow allows for a 2nd pump, but I really don’t have room for it in the sump.
 
Another idea I had, how dumb would it be to leave the existing fitting in place, cut the barb off the existing bulkhead fitting in place and solvent weld a 1” PVC pipe to the inside of the bulkhead fitting.?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6629.jpeg
    IMG_6629.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 44
Another idea I had, how dumb would it be to leave the existing fitting in place, cut the barb off the existing bulkhead fitting in place and solvent weld a 1” PVC pipe to the inside of the bulkhead fitting.?
Worth a try!
 
update on this? in a similar boat
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new