Aqueon Flexible LED Bubble Wands for small back chamber refugium?

MikeMiniReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Budd Lake, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IM Nuvo 16 and using the inTank refugium basket in one of the back chambers. I have the timer set at a reverse cycle with the main display lights. Currently using the inTank 10W submersible light but it gets a little too hot. So I'm exploring the use of a submersible LED light.

Would the
Aqueon Flexible White LED Bubble Wand work (see link)? Figured I'll try the 7" White version and have it flex thru the ball of Chaeto in the chamber.

Not planning on using the bubbler but since the unit has the option, will it help attaching an airstone to the bubbler to make the chaeto tumble a little?

FYI: I can't strip the back of the tank since it's already filled and too close to the wall for me to operate so I don't want to buy the attachable side LED lights. Also do not want a hang on/clamp on light for aesthetic reasons.


 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new