Aqueon heater making a clicking/knocking noise

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luka
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Luka

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2015
Messages
366
Reaction score
80
Location
Westport Conneticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aqueon 50 watt heater is making knocking noises its not in a sequence its random and multiple times in a minute. I took it out and didn't see any cracks anyone know what this could be?
 
If it was stuck to the side of the sump or aquarium, it is possible that is where the noise was coming from. I had the same issue and couldn't figure it out for weeks. I spend hours with my head in my sump trying to track down the knocking noise. I removed the suction cups and let the heater free float and the noise went away. Never made any sense. There wasn't enough water movement in the sump to say it was the heater banging against the acrylic sump (plus it was held tight with suction cups). It was a Aqueon heater though.
 
I read that it's possibly heat getting trapped but not sure. Yea lol it took me awhile to figure out what was making the noise I thought it was my shrimp but then I was cant be so I sat their looking at the tank inetently trying every time I hear the noise I searched the whole tank haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 4 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new