ARC Live-Sale Frags Incoming!

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so stoked to be getting the 11 frags I purchased during the live sale. My tank has coralline growth and my monti digi and anacropora are doing good and finally showing growth, so I officially declared my tank “SPS ready”. These will be my first high end acro frags!

I ordered a frag rack, but it won’t be here until Saturday and the new frags arrive tomorrow. Until the rack arrives, is it fine to just stick them in the sand bed? I don’t think I can find enough stable holes and cracks in the rock work to hold them all, and I don’t want to epoxy them down yet. My only concern is having them knocked over by hermits or snails in the night and not getting them righted in time. Is there a better way?

I’m also upgrading my lights tomorrow from just a pair of XR15 Pros to an LED/T5 hybrid fixture with four bulbs, so they should be getting decent PAR down there.

Now I just need to rent a PAR meter before I finalize where these are going to be glued down.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at arc Tuesday and the have lots of great frags... I picked up a strawberry staph and a master yoda, great size for both of them and well priced. Just be careful putting them in the sand Bed for the frags that require high light they may tend to start browning on you...

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was at arc Tuesday and the have lots of great frags... I picked up a strawberry staph and a master yoda, great size for both of them and well priced. Just be careful putting them in the sand Bed for the frags that require high light they may tend to start browning on you...

Many frags will brown out after cutting especially when moved to a new system. If they are fresh cut, they will retain their color for a few days but most likely dull out. It can take 6 mos of stability for color to come back.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back