ARC LIVE SALE WEEKEND | Out Of This World Sale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battle for the torches!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Prompt is "realistic epic bidding war for corals"

1691456858076.png

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another fantastic ARC livesale in the books! It remains one of the best livesales on the forum in terms of deals and giveaways.

One thing to consider with the new auction format is that auctions make it more difficult to budget purchases during the livesale. If I might have to pay $200 for something in 45 minutes, maybe I don't pull the trigger on something else I want during the sale, for instance. Or with an auction that goes 24 hrs past the sale, I may have hundreds of dollars to spend right now, but I need to wait to see if I won the auction or not, in the meantime items I would have otherwise purchased are now sold to others. Then I lose the auction and now I'm not spending any of it.
We appreciate your feedback as we are always trying to improve on the livesale process. This sale had an earlier end time to give more people time at the aftersale as we've had feedback that starting it so late in the past causes some to miss out. As Cody said we plan to make auctions a regular thing on our site so the livesale was a good way to introduce people to auctions. I was hoping the format of auctions mixed with the sale would work. Maybe in the future we won't co-mingle them as much.

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We start shipping the first round for purchased Delivery Box Aug9th in a couple hours. If you have your delivery setup for tomorrow make sure you pay for your auctions by Noon EST today so there is time to get it in your box.

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First round of orders have shipped. Check your emails and spam folders for emails from UPS with tracking info. Generally the boxes get delivered before noon but in some areas in California it can be a little later in the day. We checked your local temperatures and added cool packs were the temps are warmer. You guys in Texas have it pretty bad right now.

In the event you get a DOA coral please email us photos.
Our normal email account [email protected] has been a little touchy lately with my messages not getting to people. You can also email me on my personal email [email protected] or text me anytime at 716-207-0087.

Now to start prepping for tomorrows orders.

Thanks

RandyO

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just got my tracking info but it only shows the shipping box as fulfilled, none of the corals as fulfilled @A Reef Creation. Is that all ok?
You beat me by 5 minutes.

I came on here to let people know not to panic if they get an email with only a partial fulfillment. When we make the labels for UPS, we go through Shopify’s system to pull your order with the shipping module on it. After we create the label, Shopify automatically fulfills this order. Which has caused widespread panic that we missed the rest of the order. Once we get all the boxes safely to UPS, we go back into the system to fulfill the rest of your orders. I’m working on them now.

Dansters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my shipment of corals this morning and everything has already opened up and doing well. Thank you ARC for having a successful live sale

NeppieRage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, guys! My shipment is beautiful.
I'll try to take some pics in a couple of days after I do some maintenance and move some things around.
Thank you so much!

And on the note of the auctions *and* livesale: I understand the point of the feeling the conflict between the two things happening at once, but it did help me get a few deals I would not have otherwise been able to get through the $1 and $5 posts. So I liked having both happening simultaneously personally....and some items auctioned both before and after. I had already gotten one of the things from my "to buy" list Friday night in the auctions before the sale even started. Took just a tiny bit of stress out of the sale having that item already checked off. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. First week of orders are done and things went well for the most part. A few hiccups and one major ooops.
If you placed an order and are wondering when your order will ship, we ship the day before the delivery date on the shipping box you purchased. If you did not purchase shipping yet, you can do so here.
https://areefcreation.com/collections/shipping-box
We still have some spots for August 15th, 16th, and 17th delivery.

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second week of shipping started.
If you purchased a delivery box for August 15th, your order has been packed. Check your emails and spam folders for tracking info from UPS.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bling Bling Cyphastrea
Sale $5
Reptar Cyphastrea
Sale $5

The doorbuster Reptar Cyphastrea picture shown here is also currently being used for the doorbuster Yellow Cyphastrea. I ordered the Reptar, but my shipping confirmation shows the Yellow was shipped out. Email sent.

EDIT - Resolved quickly! Thanks Randy!

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back