Are cotton candy torches senstive?

Jayguerra909

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2026
Messages
49
Reaction score
14
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I have about 21 torches and the only torches I have ever had real issues with were both cotton candies. One basically died today it had bjd from the looks of it. 2nd one ive had for 4 months. No pests or anything this one constantly sucks in and never opens up all the way. Is it just something about these cotton candies that im missing? My parameters have all ways been great. 8-9 alk .1 nitrate 0 nitrite .09 phos 8.3 ph 450 cal 1450 mag 77 degrees and 1.025 salinity. Now we can mention my nitrates not being high enough. I have zero fish at the moment. Had a brook outbreak last month. Not sure if I should just figure for the most part torches are hit or miss and people say not to look at them the wrong way as a serious thing lol. Any other tips or experiences are welcomed.
 
so I have about 21 torches and the only torches I have ever had real issues with were both cotton candies. One basically died today it had bjd from the looks of it. 2nd one ive had for 4 months. No pests or anything this one constantly sucks in and never opens up all the way. Is it just something about these cotton candies that im missing? My parameters have all ways been great. 8-9 alk .1 nitrate 0 nitrite .09 phos 8.3 ph 450 cal 1450 mag 77 degrees and 1.025 salinity. Now we can mention my nitrates not being high enough. I have zero fish at the moment. Had a brook outbreak last month. Not sure if I should just figure for the most part torches are hit or miss and people say not to look at them the wrong way as a serious thing lol. Any other tips or experiences are welcomed.
If you have 21 and lost 1 and have 1 upset then I’d say you are doing pretty good!

There is nothing sensitive about cotton candy torch. I’ve had mine survive bjd outbreaks that took out tons of torches and the cotton candy did fine.

If you see torches not extending properly for long times and it’s not a placement issue or pest, it is possibly sick. This is often a symptom that is shown before it shows bjd. I would dip proactively with cipro or iodine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new