Are most spray paints safe once cured?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JMLewis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
As for coloring PVC, you can use fabric dye such as rit mixed with clear pvc primer to dye the white pipe what ever color you would like permanently. If doing a light color just make sure to use the clear primer to remove the red lettering first if you don't want to see it.

This article also talks about adding dye to clear cleaner/primer, not sure if the dyes are toxic or not though: http://makezine.com/projects/make-30/stain-pvc-any-color-you-like/
 
Just getting back from buying my plumbing parts. I was wanting to go all sch 40 just for looks, but they didn't carry enough or the pipe. Went to sch 80. I did find some black pvc fittings. They were very limited to size and types, but had the basic 90, 45, and sanitary T.


As for paint I have used fusion in the past on my overflow to make it black with no problems as well. Never thought about plasti dip though.
 
I'm doing a little DIY project that will involve about 6" of pvc to be in contact with my water 100% of the time and I'd like to paint black. I've seen people use Krylon Fusion in the past but can't find it at any of my local Home Depot or Lowes. I almost purchased another brand but I thought I should check first.

Is there anything ie chemicals I should avoid? Or anything in peticular I should look for, for example "gloss paint has x in it so avoid that" etc.
You might just use abs its better than painting it .
 
Yea I actually just ordered the black PVC from BRS, they didn't have black fittings but the dark grey will work just fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new