Are my coral DOA?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mapman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mapman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2022
Messages
432
Reaction score
344
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought a mystery pack from eBay and when j received the coral they looked like they were bad shape. FedEx had opened the package and taped it back poorly. They are in such bad shape I can’t even figure out what corals are they.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2035.MOV
    24.4 MB
The Zoas seem to be coming back to life in my Zoa pico TAnk
 

Attachments

  • DC761B69-E784-4881-8C25-35745DBA5B38.jpeg
    DC761B69-E784-4881-8C25-35745DBA5B38.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 17689753-660B-4505-B2EF-9F174891CC48.jpeg
    17689753-660B-4505-B2EF-9F174891CC48.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 61
  • A4AB2A69-93BB-4C24-B505-764B49900689.jpeg
    A4AB2A69-93BB-4C24-B505-764B49900689.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 6708227B-76F0-4172-BFF2-D1186184847A.jpeg
    6708227B-76F0-4172-BFF2-D1186184847A.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 90
I think I see some clove polyps at the beginning and the last one is a leather. Probably what I would expect from a mystery pack. From what I can see it just looks like coral unhappy from shipping
 
I think I see some clove polyps at the beginning and the last one is a leather. Probably what I would expect from a mystery pack. From what I can see it just looks like coral unhappy from shipping
do you know what that mass is on the sand bed? It was attached to a frag plug But when I received it was unattached
 
What is this? It was attached to a frag plug when shipped but arrived unattached
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 81
The Zoas that aren’t open fully is the frag I got today
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 68

Attachments

  • 14AD9676-0D0F-4B0B-A6D9-428A80E376E5.jpeg
    14AD9676-0D0F-4B0B-A6D9-428A80E376E5.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 25782BE7-DC44-43BB-B610-B0F25ADBC72F.jpeg
    25782BE7-DC44-43BB-B610-B0F25ADBC72F.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 54
They look unhappy but stand a good chance o0f recovery
Did you acclimate them? How did you acclimate them?
 
They look unhappy but stand a good chance o0f recovery
Did you acclimate them? How did you acclimate them?
Honestly when I received them from fedex the package was opened and tampered with im assuming they probably thought it was drugs. the water was disgusting and smelled really bad so I put them in my tank water immediately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new