Are my fish spawning? Help ID'ing night phenomenon

AmatuerAuer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2015
Messages
349
Reaction score
48
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns, 3 firefish, a kole tang, powder brown and fox face in my 120g.

Tonight after the lights went out I was looking in the tank with the light from my phone and I noticed dozens of small swimming..things. They are the shape of the firefish, whitish, some orangish.. Too big to be copepods I should think, also free swimming and not stuck on the glass. I'm sure some copepods are this size but seems more likely that it is a spawning phenomenon.

Could this be fish spawn? Would they hide during the daylight? If they are in fact spawn, could I capture and raise them?

Thanks!
AA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new