are my giant danios pregnant???!?!!!

eric Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help!! I dont know if my female danio is full of eags or not. I have a picture, but the quality is not that great due to the speed it is moving at. They are in attached files. And i need help fast so that i can make plans pleas. Any and all healp is much appreciated.

image.jpeg

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be if keep an eye out for eyes cause she will drop them in the substrate in my experience. I usually take a turkey baster suck them up and put them in a breeder box with sir stone or better yet a egg tumbler which are great and very cheap. Usually takes a week to see babies after this

OP
OP
eric Johnson

eric Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your help!! It is greatly appreciated. Abd is there any advice you could give me, im kinda new to this whole thing and dont really know what im doing

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, like I said just keep an eye out for the eggs, some people say they will drop them in one spot but in my experience they are usually all over. Once you get them the main thing is to keep aeration around eggs. Best way is air stone in a breeder net or box, or egg tumbler. If you use a breeder net lay some gravel on the bottom then the eggs so other fish don't bite them through the net. In about 5-10 days they will start hatching after they hatch I usually wait 24hrs then try feeding fry food which is basically a powder you can get it at most pet stores. I'm dealing with babies right now lol I have plecos that just hatched so I need to get fresh zucchini soon.

OP
OP
eric Johnson

eric Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha good luck with the plecos!! And if i were to put them in a new tan, would i still have to filter the water or leave the tank with out a filter and only an air stone and a heater?

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only way I'd put them in another tank would be a small tank filled with water from the original tank. Changing the water chemistry would be hard on them. Once they hatch you could do that a few days after and be fine. If you decide to move them though a airstone and heater would be fine. Just make sure the air stone is moving water around them

lisaking90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same problem wondering if my giant danio is pregnant or just fat lol

IMG_20181019_020345.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back